This blog contains strong language and adult situations. Reader discretion advised.

Wednesday 23 March 2016

1.4 Surrounded By Idiots


Nazari

    Ernesto didn't want a job, and we both agreed that when the baby came it would be best for me to go back to the job I loved while he stayed home. In the meantime though, my agent had told me I couldn't work 'in my condition'. So we improvised. Ernesto had no problem sneaking behind the supermarket and rummaging through the dumpsters. You'd be surprised what people throw out! He'd then sell the useful stuff he found, after I'd cleaned it up of course, and we even managed to get a new chair and rug for our house!

   He came back one day with a bird cage. Geneva had been parroting on (haha!) about having a pet for ages, so I cleaned it up and found a place for it, before tiptoeing outside and catching a bird. Geneva called him Tweety when she got home. I do quite like the bird, but it has a tendency to whistle all night and it drives me crazy....

   Ernesto couldn't wait to be a dad. In his eyes he already had a daughter, Geneva, but this one was the real deal and we'd constantly sit down and talk about baby things and family days out we could have in a few years. We considered moving, having four of us in a one-bed trailer was hardly ideal, but we really couldn't afford it right now so we were stuck here...

   "I'm sorry we're stuck in such a crappy trailer." I apologized for the 10,000th time.
   "Stop it!" Ernesto sighed, squeezing me. "It's not your fault, plus when you moved here it was just the two of you. You had no idea any of this would happen so why would you have wasted money renting somewhere bigger?"
   "I wouldn't, but if I had worked harder then we'd have enough money to move right now."
   "I don't work at all, if I did would we move? No, because then you wouldn't be working. It's not about working hard! If you worked more then you'd be away from your family more, so don't worry about it. Money isn't everything."

   "You always know the exact right thing to say." I smiled.
   "Good!" he teased. "Do you want to watch some TV? You shouldn't be on your feet too much."
   "Being on my feet might make her fall out." I joked. I was a few days over due by now, and uncomfortable, but I did love how Ernesto was doing everything for me. It made this pregnancy so much easier than the last, when I was constantly arguing with my mother and trying to keep working at the spa so I could afford a crib and everything. Plus as there'd been my brothers newborn in the house at the time then I was getting nearly no sleep, but with Geneva at school I'd been able to nap through the day and sleep all night.

   The next morning we sat down to a family breakfast.
   "I really hate when the moon makes the lighting all funny. It hurts my eyes." Geneva whined. "Why can't we get blinds on the windows or something?"
   "Blinds on the windows wouldn't make a difference." Ernesto explained. "It's to do with the supernatural power enhancers or something. Strange things happen on full moons, and the weird glow is just one of those things."
   "Can't we get blinds anyway? That weird paparazzi outside always looks in."
   "We can't afford blinds right now honey." I apologised. "Maybe when your sisters here and I'm back at work."

   "Everything is always 'wait til your sister's here'" Geneva snapped. "Maybe I don't want a dumb baby sister anyway." I sighed and stood up. I wasn't going through this again. Geneva would be all excited about being a big sister one minute, and cursing it the next. I suppose teenage hormones were starting to creep in a bit, but I didn't want to get into an argument again. "Fine, don't say anything then, see ya." she mumbled.
   "Geneva, give your mother a break. Once your sisters here you'll love her and you'll feel bad for being such a bully." Ernesto scolded. I walked away and got my guitar out. I didn't need this stress right now.

   I started idly plucking at strings, feeling myself calm down instantly and ignoring the shouting Geneva was doing now. Ernesto could handle her and I knew she'd get over it soon enough and everything would be fine in time for school.
   "I hate you, your not even my real dad!" I overheard Geneva scream. The words made my stomach churn and my heart break. I looked up and caught Ernesto's eye. He turned and walked outside, slamming the door.
   "Geneva!" I shouted, putting my guitar down. She started to tear up and looked at me scared.

   Before I could scold her, my phone rang. It was Jordan. I felt like leaving it and dealing with Geneva first, but I knew he wouldn't ring at 6.15am unless it was urgent.
   "I'll deal with you in a minute." I spat at my daughter as I pressed 'answer' on my handset. "Jor?"
   "Sorry, is this a bad time?" My brothers voice replied, obviously overhearing what I'd said to Geneva.
   "No, there must be something important you need to tell me or you wouldn't ring so early." I reassured him. "What's up?"
   "Marlon's got his girlfriend pregnant." He sounded stressed. "I'm sorry to ring so early, but we found out last night and I've got nearly no sleep."
   "Shit..." I didn't know what else to say.

   "I'm sorry, I don't really know what to tell you, Jor..." Geneva started crying in the kitchen.
   "Mummy I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout at you and Daddy I just got upset." She wailed. I ignored her for now, my brother was going through far worse.
   "I know we both had kids when we were his age, but for fucks sake, I thought our kids would learn from our mistakes and they wouldn't end up like us." I knew exactly what he meant. Geneva was just starting to think about boys and I did worry she'd end up like me.
   "Well I guess all you can do is what Ma did for us." I tried to offer some advice. "She tried her hardest to support us, after the initial telling off, of course. What's his girlfriends situation? Ma let Corinna move in with you, so maybe if she needs it you could offer the same? Marlon's like you, so he probably won't be a rotten handful like me." I smiled, feeling like maybe something I said might have helped.
   "Cheers, Naz. But I'm bloody thirty and gunna be a grandfather...." I laughed.
   "Keep me posted, gramps. Catch you later." We said our goodbyes and I paused a minute, thinking what he was going through and what I'd say to Geneva about her most recent outburst.

   Fortunately for Geneva, her sister decided it was time.
   "Oh my goddd!!! Mum what's wrong?!" She shrieked.
   "Get - Dad." I panted, clutching my tightening stomach.
   "I don't know where he is. I made him leave us!" Geneva cried.
   "Oh don't be - so stupid, Gen! He's in the - fucking car-aaaahhh- having a cigarette!!" She fumbled with the door handle as she tried to rush outside. I heard her sprint down the steps and frantically shout at Ernesto, before they both came rushing back in.

   "Daddy make it stop! Make Mummy not die!"
   "I'm not - fucking dying - you idiot! I'm - in labour!!" I panted.
   "Waddowedo?!" Ernesto wasn't even making sense now.
   "Oh for gods sake. I'm the one - ah, shit, ow - in labour here! Geneva, get dressed - get to school. Dickhead - get dressed - get the overnight bag - and get me to the fucking hospital!!!"
  "Ok, sorry, calm, sorry." Ernesto said rushing past me to the bedroom. Geneva screeched past me to follow my orders. Seriously? This part was easier the first time, I wasn't surrounded by idiots.




_________________

Rolls revealed: Couple, and secondary career is dumpster diver. However, Ernesto will not be dumpster diving again. He did it once and made §9,000. And that wasn't even selling everything off. :/ So, yeah, no. Only if we're desperate.

Marlon really did get his girlfriend pregnant! I don't think I've had an inactive teenage pregnancy before, not that I've known about... But I thought I ought to write it in, just incase I ever need it. lol.

I also hate how much sims overreact to labour. If everyone around me screamed, danced and pointed while I was the one in bloody labour, I'd be pretty pee'd off....
But I love how the family accidentally have colour-coded PJs XD 

10 comments:

  1. I'd be pretty pissed off too if that was me, in labour and everyone else freaking out. Like, I'm the one going through this, not you, so put on your big girl panties and lets get going. Smh, sims xD

    It's gotta be hard for Ernie, helping to raise a daughter who knows that they're not blood related, but he's still a good daddy for Gen, and I'm sure he'll be a good one for the next one ^-^

    Also, in reply to your post on MTS YAY WEDDING! I'm sorry, I'm one of those people, I get excited at the prospects of pretty dresses. Please oh please show me what dress you're thinking of, I'm sorry, I get so excited at these things. We could do a trade though! I'll show you my prom dress and you show me your wedding dress *raises eyebrows*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY!!! Ugh, sims, so annoying, yet so entertaining lol

      Yes, he's never acted like it's a problem, and Geneva doesn't really remember life without him as she was so young when he arrived, but they've always made sure she's aware that they're not related, it just makes it easier when she realises she looks nothing like him or her sibling(s). They have their ups and downs, but they love each other anyway.

      Lol, I'm really not one of those people haha. I don't have a picture of my dress. My mums making it and as my fiance can't see it legally (lol), then I don't have any pics cus I don't want him to accidentally see. (we share a laptop and regularly go through each others phone pictures to look at pics of our doggy lol) Soorrryyyyy!!!! I'll share wedding pics with you in a few months! *hugs*

      Delete
  2. 9k in one go. Geez! That's nuts! Our maybe he can go one last time and they can move into a mansion? :D

    Oh, Geneva. She's really acting out over recent changes. And here I thought she'd done so well.

    Hey! Where's baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I would, but it seems really cheaty, and I like my first gen being trailer trash anyway ;)

      She has done well, but life gets on top of you sometimes. Don't worry, she'll calm down it's just hormones. :)

      The baby looks like any other sim baby. Boring little cocoon. You can meet it next chapter haha ;)

      Delete
  3. I thoroughly enjoyed Naz's labor scene - although I'm sure it wasn't fun for her, I had a good laugh. xD

    I also think I'll like Geneva. She's a cute kid. You write her really, well, too. ^_^

    And their PJs match the wall, too! Fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, it's just a normal sim labour scene ;)

      Thank you :) I always worry that people won't 'get' my sims or how I write them, so that's a huge compliment! :)

      Haha! Very co-ordinated in this household ;) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Dumpsterdiving is a highly underrated way of sim life.

    So, if the lighting is strange because of the supernatural powers, and the new baby is born at the same time; do we have a little supernatural in the making here? Or is it a coincidence?

    Geneva is a great kid, it'll be interesting to see how she feels about her sister after seeing her mum in labour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously! haha

      Nah, sorry, just a coincidence. Geneva was voicing my opinions on the annoying lighting, and then Ernesto kindly explained why it's like that. lol

      Aww, bless her, I'm sure she won't hate her sister as much as she makes out that she will! She's just used to being the only one right now.

      Delete
  5. I think Geneva is a good kid, and it was an understandable reason for her to be acting out. When they always say, wait until the baby is here, she would get jealous/impatient.

    Her brother will be a grandpa at 30? Haha! Probably could've done a better job explaining how reproduction works, and the preventions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, like you said, it feels to her that it's all about the baby, and she feels pushed out and ignored, and like she will be forever now because her dad isn't her father, but is the new babys father.

      LOL! Yes, you'd think after his own experiance he'd think of that...
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete